1941 Buick 56C, right hand drive

karlosdeville

Hello all, 

A friend is restoring his 1941 Buick model 56C, 2 door convertible interestingly in right hand drive, being delivered new to a Maharaja in India. 

If we see the Fisher job plate I think I see a letter 'O' stamped after Mod 56C, and perhaps the letter 'G' stamped for Accessories? Would be highly obliged if someone could decode that for me.

Do we know how many right hand drive Model 56C cars were produced? 

Thanks and regards,

Karl

0 (1).JPG

0 (2).JPG

0 (3).JPG

• Like 1

According to the Standard Catalog of Buick 3rd Edition, there were 12,181 of the Model 41-56C were produced. On Note 16 the book states "An additional 210 Model 41-56CX convertible coupes were built for export. Hope this helps. With that ID number it appear as though numbers 14034052 through 14257441 were built at the Flint, Michigan plant. Sure would like to see more pics of this Super.  

• Like 2

I posted all the accessory codes for 1941 a few months ago under "Buick looks fine for 39". 

Thanks 

Leif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 8:12 AM, buick looks fine for 39 said:

I posted all the accessory codes for 1941 a few months ago under "Buick looks fine for 39". 

Thanks 

Leif

Thank you Leif - unfortunately the letter G is missing in your list of codes. I assume it is something related to export market cars. The mystery continues.  

I just saw your post. The accessory code is hand stamped as it should be and it looks like it was stamped during factory assembly. My information came from the 1941 Buick Distribution Book which was used at the dealerships for filling out new car order forms.  It was not unusual for Buick to introduce new available features later in the model year. I have an Interorganizational Field Memo introducing a new upholstery option for 39 Centuries at mid production complete with an upholstery sample. It has an upholstery code that is not in my 1939 Buick Distribution Book.  I'll check my stuff to see if I can find a G code.

Thanks

Leif

• Like 2

• 1 month later...