SOLD: 1934 Chevy Master Rebuilt 'Driver' $13,000

sunnybaba

SOLD the First day up on craigslist... to a collector.. 

I am at a transition point in rebuilding this 1934 Master Town Sedan.... I have rebuilt 'Her' so that it is now a good, dependable 'Driver'... it starts on the first revolution of the engine (207ci inline 6). I have put more than a year's labor to bring this car back to life after sitting outside, neglected, for 50+ years.... I do drive her at least 75 miles to town & back each week.. Since May of this year.
I am amazed at how smooth and quiet the ride is on these rough, dirt roads... and she just purrs on the pavement at 55 mph.... I spent several thousands of dollars having the Dubonnet Shocks rebuilt and put in new tie rod ends, kingpins & new brake linings all around, with new double action shocks on the rear. New seals and wheel bearings, and adjusted the steering box.. so she does not wander on the road and the free play in the steering wheel is about 1".... I installed a rebuilt heater, new 3 core aluminum Radiator, new hoses, fan belt & rebuilt water pump. I also tightened the rod bearings by removing some shims and installed a later model rebuilt oil pump.... so when cold idle, it runs 15 lbs pressure and hot running is 10 lbs.

I also needed to deal with the Fuel system.... installing a New 15 gallon, vented, fuel tank and sending unit, new fuel lines, and rebuilt fuel pump and rebuilt Carter carburetor ..... Electrical system needed renewal, with new wiring harness, Rebuilt Generator, new regulator, new battery (with shut off switch) new distributor cap, rotor, condenser, points, plugs and plug wires and 6vt coil.... I am amazed at how quiet the engine is at idle... I can barely hear it running... and it pulls the steep hills in 2nd gear , with that low end torque...

I also have renewed the outside, with new, satin enamel paint... after having done some bodywork on the bigger dents... I install new safety glass where needed in the doors, 5 new tires with tubes and flaps... and added a second brake light & turn signals... (all LED). I found these really cool, 6 vt Rearview mirrors that have built in turn signal flashing arrows... I installed new roof wood, insulation and it is now metal instead of vinyl.....
I also insulated the entire car ( firewall, floor boards, doors and floor & trunk..... It is quiet and cool in the summer heat. I upholstered the door panels and rear seat with real leather, and bought modern, black leather front seats that fold down flat, or tip forward to give easy access to the rear seat. ( the original front bucket seats were very uncomfortable)...and I have the same color of leather to upholster the front seats to match the rear one... Which brings me to my decision to make a transition....

I want this car to be able to pull a small, light weight, camping trailer.... and it does Not have the Power to do so, with the 80 hp 207 ci engine.... So I bought a 1954 Rebuilt 235 ci Chevy truck engine, with a new clutch and pressure plate, also a 1941
chevy truck bell housing, and a 1946 chevy truck 4 speed front bearing retainer sleeve.... everything I need to give the car 117 hp, that will bolt up to my master 3 speed tranny..... Soooo Before I tear this car apart, and install the newer engine (which has full pressure oiling & insert bearings.... I want to offer it for sale, as a good running & driving, rebuilt survivor... $13,000 firm.... as is....    or with the rebuilt 235 engine and all parts necessary to bolt right up to the Master tranny... $15,000    Located in Southern New Mexico  ( Silver City, NM.  88061)      Contact Sunny at;   sunnybabaspirit@yahoo.com   Or leave a message at  505-990-6008

DSC01227.JPG

DSC01220.JPG

DSC01223.JPG

DSC01215.JPG

DSC01224.JPG

DSC01228.JPG

DSC01229.JPG

DSC01226.JPG

DSC01231.JPG

DSC01232.JPG

DSC01225.JPG

DSC01237.JPG

DSC01235.JPG

DSC01240.JPG

DSC01244.JPG

DSC01246.JPG

DSC01219.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

Edited by sunnybaba (see edit history)

• sunnybaba changed the title to SOLD: 1934 Chevy Master Rebuilt 'Driver' $13,000