WTB 1960 Buick Factory Air Conditioning Parts

TexRiv_63

I am looking to convert my non-ac LeSabre and add air conditioning. This conversion could range from a full factory refit to a simple underdash addition depending on what I can find. I am interested in any applicable parts from individual to complete systems. Of special interest are factory in-car air outlets and housings, controls, three groove damper and water pump pulleys, fan and fan clutch, compressor and alternator brackets, let me know what you have available.

IMG_1409.JPG

Dan: I pal put factory A/C in his B-60. By the time he got it working he was in it mid teens in costs.  If you can get a retro kit and a guy who knows what he's doing you will be in the project much cheaper, a faster finish and possibly much more efficient.  If you MUST have a factory air conversion I'd find a B-60 local to you and swap. You can find  beat B-60's for cheap with factory air somewhat  locally especially in Texas where many factory A/C units were sold new. That would give you a road map and a much better shot compared to doing components from here and there.  

I did it once in a 67 Corvette and that was tough job.  Mitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lrlforfun said:

Dan: I pal put factory A/C in his B-60. By the time he got it working he was in it mid teens in costs.  If you can get a retro kit and a guy who knows what he's doing you will be in the project much cheaper, a faster finish and possibly much more efficient.  If you MUST have a factory air conversion I'd find a B-60 local to you and swap. You can find  beat B-60's for cheap with factory air somewhat  locally especially in Texas where many factory A/C units were sold new. That would give you a road map and a much better shot compared to doing components from here and there.  

I did it once in a 67 Corvette and that was tough job.  Mitch

Thanks Mitch. I most likely will do a retro install, most likely a knee knocker under dash. However some factory parts especially underhood are still needed and If I can find factory stuff reasonably who knows. I've done conversions before and would at least try to DIY. I love my car and will definitely not be swapping it for another.

• Like 1