Studebaker rockne 1932

Dodge

Herman, you always need to remind us which model Rockne you have:  a "65" (model 30) or a "75" (model 41) because the parts are frequently different.  The 1929-40 Catalog of Body Parts says that model 30 cars use a "thumb screw".  Maybe it looked like this:

Main product photo

This photo came from the Grainger catalog.  The diameter of the head is 1.25" (~32 mm), threads are 5/16-18.  The head seems large enough to be able to tighten it securely

There are also thumb screws is smaller heads, may be more difficult to get tight enough to hold the windshield in place.  The Studebaker parts catalog says there should be a washer and washer retainer, as well.  Check the thread size in your car.

However, if your car is a model 41, then  an "Adjusting Arm Handle" was used, part numbers 253533W and 253534W.  They came in right-hand and left-hand threaded versions, used nuts, lock washers and spring washers.  I don't know what these looked like.

Here are some options from Restoration Supply Co. (restorationstuff.com).

wingnuts-RestorationSupplyCo.jpg.c6c48b6b5cd00e88ce3b072c7267da29.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you

I have a Studebaker Rockne 1932 (65)

It's difficult for me to know sometimes what I need

But I now the treats are 5/16 unf 24

If a person now where I can exactly buy the parts of that ?

Thank

Herman 

On 8/5/2023 at 7:49 PM, Gary_Ash said:

Herman, you always need to remind us which model Rockne you have:  a "65" (model 30) or a "75" (model 41) because the parts are frequently different.  The 1929-40 Catalog of Body Parts says that model 30 cars use a "thumb screw".  Maybe it looked like this:

Main product photo

This photo came from the Grainger catalog.  The diameter of the head is 1.25" (~32 mm), threads are 5/16-18.  The head seems large enough to be able to tighten it securely

There are also thumb screws is smaller heads, may be more difficult to get tight enough to hold the windshield in place.  The Studebaker parts catalog says there should be a washer and washer retainer, as well.  Check the thread size in your car.

However, if your car is a model 41, then  an "Adjusting Arm Handle" was used, part numbers 253533W and 253534W.  They came in right-hand and left-hand threaded versions, used nuts, lock washers and spring washers.  I don't know what these looked like.

Here are some options from Restoration Supply Co. (restorationstuff.com).

wingnuts-RestorationSupplyCo.jpg.c6c48b6b5cd00e88ce3b072c7267da29.jpg

I'm sorry,you're right too have better information 

But thanks anyway

Herman 

On 8/12/2023 at 12:46 AM, Dodge said:

Thanks for the information

I took a look at eBay

But the seller don't ship to my 

Herman 

If you like, you can buy them and have them sent to me and I will send them to you.

John S. Keiser

108 Sixth Street

P.O.Box 960

Phoenix, OREGON 97535

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1