I am looking for a book that was in our elementary school library back in the late 70s. I can't remember the title. It had the AnyCar and AnyCar II in it. I think it also had the George Barris Oldsmobile Toronado limousine in it. Last time I had it in my hands was 1980. I'd like to find a copy for sentimental reasons. Anyone know what book I'm talking about?

58 minutes ago, Oldsfan said:

I am looking for a book that was in our elementary school library back in the late 70s. I can't remember the title. It had the AnyCar and AnyCar II in it. I think it also had the George Barris Oldsmobile Toronado limousine in it. Last time I had it in my hands was 1980. I'd like to find a copy for sentimental reasons. Anyone know what book I'm talking about?

Google it....

IMG_6087 (2).JPG

Sure, here is an update on the Anycar book:

The Anycar book was a promotional book published by Wesbank in 1971. It was designed to promote the bank's Anycar loan, which allowed customers to finance any car they wanted, regardless of make or model.

The book was a collection of images and text that celebrated the diversity of the automotive industry. It featured images of cars from all over the world, from classic American muscle cars to European sports cars to Japanese imports. The text accompanying the images discussed the history and design of the cars, as well as the different factors that people consider when buying a car.

The book was a success, and it helped to popularize the Anycar loan. It is now a collector's item, and copies of the book can sell for hundreds of dollars.

• Like 1