Need a 1954 Lincoln Vacuum Diagram

Ovalrace25

Very few components on a '54 Lincoln are vacuum operated.  The wiper and washer system is the major one.  Try looking at the wiper section of your shop manual.  The other vacuum operated item is the vacuum advance on the distributor.  I don't think you will find a master vacuum diagram, only diagrams for these components.

1 hour ago, 61polara said:

Very few components on a '54 Lincoln are vacuum operated.  The wiper and washer system is the major one.  Try looking at the wiper section of your shop manual.  The other vacuum operated item is the vacuum advance on the distributor.  I don't think you will find a master vacuum diagram, only diagrams for these components.

Yes, not much going on. I am trying to help an old friend's grandson. The cars is more than an hour away from me. He and his grandson were working on the car (fantastic condition) but my friend had been battling cancer and it came back with a vengeance and he passed away. Now the grandson is trying to finish what they had started. I know there are hoses going inside under the dash. I suspect these are heater controls. It has been more than 40 years since I worked on one of these cars.  

• Thanks 1

It's great that you are trying to help your friend's grandson.  The heater system on these cars is all cable linkage with no vacuum.  The only vacuum line I can think of that goes into the dash could be the connection for the washer system.  Do him a great favor and buy him a factory service manual if he doesn't have one and spend the time to make a trip over to show him how to use it.  This will endear you to him more than you can imagine.  Introduce him to AACA and encourage him to join and show him the Forum and well as the Facebook page.  Give him the tools to grow in the hobby.

Edited by 61polara (see edit history)