1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Station Wagon

Not mine. 1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Station wagon. Oxford maroon exterior Naugahyde brown interior. All 3 seats. Correct 216 six cylinder engine with rare Tip-Tonic overdrive transmission. Absolutely beautiful all original ash and mahogany wood outside and inside. Loaded with optional features. Rear covered spare tire, front bumper guard, working am radio, wide whitewall tires, driver and passenger wind guards and beautiful maroon top.  Everything works perfectly except for the clock. Runs and drives very nice and has always been garage kept. This station wagon needs nothing except for a new owner. Car is located in New Oxford, PA 17350. $80,000. Selling for a friend who has owned it for over 20 years. Contact email thorne9900@aol.com.

IMG_2776.jpeg

IMG_2775.jpeg

Edited by Shadyrest
More pictures are available if needed (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Looks like the one in car corral at Hershey last fall, I believe a PA car, likely the same one.  Very attractive car, these really wear wagon body well imho!

The owners were handing out dog biscuits to anyone whose dog attended as well.  Pic must be on Mrs. Mack's camera. 

Patty is now a Hershey veteran! 

20221005_110529.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

I know nothing about these, but that is so cool. Rear bumper is interesting.

I'm sure most of us know this, but the when the bottom half of the tailgate is opened to horizontal, the spare tire fits between the abbreviated rear bumper ends. Then the tail light(s) are (manually) flipped upward to the same horizontal attitude so they can be seen from behind.

1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Woody Wagon

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1