Looking for a replacement carburetor for a 1935 Packard straight eight.

kkcarcrazy

The original carburetor is a Stromberg EE-23. I am looking for one for a friend and I cannot find one. Does anyone know of a replacement carburetor that will fit and function on a 1933-1937 Packard? Attached below are three pictures of a Stromberg EE-23.

The 86 year old owner was told by two shops that his carburetor was not rebuildable. 

The three pictures are not the carburetor that needs to be rebuilt. 

Thanks Kevin

IMG_7518.JPG

IMG_7519.JPG

IMG_7520.JPG

IMG_7527.JPG

Edited by kkcarcrazy (see edit history)

They are around, expect to pay from 600-900 for a core on the shelf. (Figure that much again for a professional rebuild and correct calibration.) They are NOT at all interchangeable. Internal and external differences vary. If his original carburetor is not rebuildable it’s probably been damaged by people who don’t know what they’re doing. They do not have many common problems except being abused. Best guess is the bowl was snapped off and then JB Welded back on.  Send me a PM and I can put you in touch with someone who can probably help.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

From what I am told the original carb the bowl had several pin hole leaks in it and yes someone covered all the holes with JB weld and then painted the carb black to camouflage 

it. The rebuilders stated there are too many pinholes and they would not attempt to repair it that it may eventually cause a leak and a fire.