Very Old Auto Jack ID Requested

hursst

Hello,

Recently found a very old auto jack.  There is a part number of J3 and a patent date of Feb 5, 1901.  IT has some original red paint on it.  Would anyone know if this would have a specific application to any particular automobile, or is this just a generic aftermarket piece?

Thanks for any info!

100_8429.JPG

100_8430.JPG

Edited by hursst (see edit history)

• hursst changed the title to Very Old Auto Jack ID Requested
  1. Hi Hursst, It might be an "OLIVER" Brand Jack. I just looked into a 1922 Sears & Roebuck Catalog online and found only the "Oliver" brand jacks. So perhaps if you can find in a 1908 version of a Sears & Roebuck catalog it might show the above Jack. Or perhaps look into other Mail-Order catalogs of that time period. Or contact Engels Coach Shop as they have a youtube channel and are very knowledgeable of all things; Wagon Wheels etc.  Also the AACA has a Library which might be able to help. Best Wishes 

Thank you, that at least gets me know the right path. I'll see what I can do with Sears catalogs and via the AACA library.

Thanks, that's a lot of extra effort.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1

I was able to research this on the US Patent website and I found it.  It is a Wagon Jack, looks like just an aftermarket one.

• Like 1