1921 Moon Roadster ...

'Found photo' of a spiffy 1921 Moon Roadster, posed with members of the proud owner's family. Note that it has the Moon crescent radiator ornament, which according to one reference was replaced in production during mid-1921 by a Motometer. The streamlined cowl lights and what appears to be a rear fender lamp or turn signal were likely added options.

21 MOON roadster TVBcvBAAPFB6p150 TVBc.jpeg

• Like 3

The rear fender "marker" lamp or parking lamps were required in only a few major cities around the country. The District of Columbia (Washington DC) is one city I know required them. I believe one area (borough?) of New York city also required them. 

The lamps were sold as after-market accessories pretty much everywhere, as well as mail order, and a few automobile manufacturers (I think 1920s Chryslers was one?) offered them as factory options. 

If looking at era photos, they might be found anywhere. However, if there are five cars in the photo and every one of them has a similar small lamp on the left rear fender? It probably would have been taken in the DC.

• Like 1