Dealership Information from Window Stickers Needed

Guest 455stage1

Guest 70 Electra

Don 55,<BR>In your lengthy posting of the 66 Wildcat build sheet, you refer to the paint code of "Y" (or "YY", or "Y-2") as being burgundy.<P>Am I missing something, or has your car's color been changed? <P>I've never actually owned a 66 Buick that was "Y" color, but I've had several other 66 GM cars (Chevrolets and a Pontiac) that were painted code "Y". ALL of them were pale yellow, not burgundy. In fact, my experience is that the "Y" code was used for many model years by GM to signify the pale yellow color (including my 70 Electra). <P>While I agree the "-2" after the color means black top, it is my contention that the primary color indicated by code "Y" on your build sheet is actually yellow, and not burgundy.<P>Any comments from others?

Guest 455stage1

Some additional codes I found at Englishtown this past weekend...<P><B>08-428</B><BR>Bob Daniels Buick<BR>Columbus OH<BR>Build sheet from Larry H's beautiful '70 Stage 1<P><B>29-240</B><BR>Tarzey Buick<BR>South River NJ<BR> or<BR>Lester Glen Buick<BR>Toms River NJ<P>The Toms River address was found on a repro window sticker from a 1970 GS and the South River address was on (what appeared to be) an original 1972 used car dealer receipt for the purchase of a '70 Stage 1. I'd go with the first one, unless someone knows better.<P>Still trying to find that elusive 08-414 in Ohio...

Hi Greg...I have had so many Wildcats, get them confused!!!! That cars original color was butternut Yellow....or is it Bamboo Cream??? Not sure the name...Found another code...Hadley & Graham in Portland,Or...dlr code 25-100 courtesy of a 64 E225(good parts to be had)<P> don55

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,I've got another dealer code:from 1969 Riviera GS 03-127 Lanzalotti Motor Co.Williamstown,N.J. This post has been dead for awhile so let's get busy and send in those dealer codes.Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,I've got another code this time from a 1970 Buick Sportwagon:02-131 Argo Buick Inc.Bronx,New York.Everyone please keep looking for and posting these dealer codes so we can compile a complete list,even the Sloan musesum does not have all of these buick dealer codes.Also many of you have these codes on your paperwork and haven't listed them PLEASE do so.Thanks

Guest my3buicks

My car was ordered and sold new to my grandfather from:<P>Joe Miller Buick Cadillac Inc<BR>312 Jacob Street<BR>Kittanning PA 16201<P>Dealer Code # 06-244<P>Dealership was later sold to and became<P>Davis Buick Cadillac Inc

Anybody know anything about Kindler Buick?My '54 has a dealer emblem on the trunk that says<P>Kindler Buick Chillicothe <P>I'm trying to trace the history of the car, manufactured in Wilmington Delaware. I've been told there is a Chillicothe MO. anybody know if there was a Kindler Buick Dealer Dealership there?<P>Thanks you

Anybody know anything about Kindler Buick? My '54 has a dealer emblem on the trunk that says<P>Kindler Buick Chillicothe <P>I'm trying to trace the history of the car, manufactured in Wilmington Delaware. I've been told there is a Chillicothe MO. Anybody know if there was a Kindler Buick Dealer Dealership there?<P>Thank you

Anybody know anything about Kindler Buick? My '54 has a dealer emblem on the trunk that says<P>Kindler Buick Chillicothe <P>I'm trying to trace the history of the car, manufactured in Wilmington Delaware. I've been told there is a Chillicothe MO. Anybody know if there was a Kindler Buick Dealership there in the 1950's?<P>Thank you

Guest 70 Electra

Don't know about your specific dealer, but the only Chillicothe that I'm aware of is in southcentral Ohio, not too far from West Virginia. <P>Since the car was built in Delaware, it's more plausible that it was sent to a dealer in southern Ohio, rather than Missouri (where a Kansas City built car would be a more common sight.)<P>If you want to confirm this, you could contact the town library and see if they have old phone books that might list your dealer. Another source is the town's business records, which will shown when dealerships started, closed, and changed names. Usually the chamber of commerce can advise who to contact for this type of info. Sometimes you get really lucky and make contact with an old timer that knows some of the infor, first hand!<p>[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: 70 Electra ]

• 2 weeks later...

I actually bought a rim from Skip Erb (Jr?). He indicated that his father owned the previous mentioned Skip Erb dealership at one time. Perhaps I could contact him and see if he could provide any additional information to this thread.<P>Francisco<BR>1972 Skylark 350 Suncoupe (RIP)<BR>1970 Skylark 350

I have a couple<BR>This is from my 70 wildcat<BR>Cardell Carter Pontiac Buick<BR>128 chestnut street<BR>Kannapolis N.C.<BR>22-211<P>This is from 70 Electra<BR>John Zimbreck Buick<BR>1601 West Beltline Hwy<BR>Madison Wisconsin 53713<BR>30-202<P>Hers a dealer from a Canadian car I bought<BR>1970 lesabre <BR>There is no dealer zone for this one<BR>Stampede Pontiac Buick Ltd<BR>1449-17 Avenue S.W.<BR>Calgary 3,Alta<BR>Phone 244-8921

I'm in the middle of shuffling and resorting my literature (having to move it all out to the garage frown.gif" border="0). Here's what I found, primarily from warranty booklets - a couple are already on the list, but thought maybe the associated cars/ date of sale might be of interest to someone.<P>Adcock Buick Co. 31-224<BR>805 9th St N<BR>St Petersburg, FL<BR>sold 1965 model 43669 (Special Deluxe sedan) on 2-12-65 to I. Mcmillen of St Petersburg<P>Lauesen Buick Co. 24-393<BR>1656 Sepulveda Blvd<BR>W Los Angeles, CA<BR>sold 1965 model 44467 (Skylark convertible) on 1-27-66 to M. Leavitt of Los Angeles<P>Terry Buick? 24-206<BR>(this one doesn't have dealer name imprinted - just Terry Buick sheet stapled on cover)<BR>sold 1965 model 48469 (Electra 225 Custom sedan) on 7-29-65 to D. Miller of Huntington Beach, CA<BR>1,000 mile service coupon in this book was stamped by<BR>Springfield Motors<BR>Buick Sales and Service<BR>7th & North A ST<BR>Springfield, Oregon<P>Childress Buick Co. 24-426<BR>621 N 7th Ave<BR>Phoenix, AZ<BR>sold 1967 model 44439 (Skylark HT sedan) on 2-6-67 to L. Lust of Phoenix<P>Lou Thompson Buick - Opel, Inc 24-467<BR>363 E St<BR>Chula Vista, CA<BR>sold 1971 model 43337 (Skylark HT coupe) on 10-11-71 to W. Nelson of Imperial Beach<P>Also have at least one 1968 Warranty booket somewhere - I'll post info if it's anything new.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,<P>That is Buerkle Buick Co. (Pronounced Burklee). They are still in business, although at a different location in White Bear Lake MN, which is a suburb of St Paul.

• 1 month later...
Guest 70 Electra

Time to "jump start" this subject again!<P>Here's one I just got tonight....<P>13-637 Bill Miller Motor Co., St. Joseph MO<P>(Found on window sticker of 1970 LeSabre 455)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This thread has been silent for too long so here goes:09-587 Hodge Motors W Main St Princeton Ky. This come from a 1968 Skylark warranty book.Please keep looking for and posting these dealer codes.Thanks

Can't furnish dealer codes but here's a few from around here:<P>Wyatt Buick, Danville VA (in business since 1924, VA dealer license #5!! now a Buick Pontiac dualled dealer)<P>Powell Motor Company, South Boston VA (defunct)<P>F.E.Watkins Motor Company, South Hill VA (now Sadler GM- yes, owned by NASCAR drivers Elliott and Hermie Sadler)<P>Sadler Motor Company Olds-Buick-Pontiac, Emporia VA<P>Royal Buick-Pontiac, Roxboro NC (changed to Center and now Boyette)<P>Galloway Buick, Greensboro NC.

• 1 month later...
Guest 455stage1

<B>22-450</B><BR>Young Buick Co.<BR>203 East Dixon BLVD.<BR>Shelby, N.C.<P>1972 Stage1<P><B>09-501</B><BR>Bays Buick, Inc.<BR>Beckley West Virginia<P>Thanks Tom Miller!

My 56 Buick Century 4 dr Rivierra was<BR>ordered from D & D Buick Company<BR> Telephone 2356<BR> Gunnison, Utah<BR>Cash price 2836.00<BR>Sales tax 56.72<BR>License and xfer of title 3.50<BR>Total 2896.22<BR>Less down payment!!! $100.00<BR>Unpaid cash due on delivery $2796.22<BR>Sold to Gene Vest 6/16/1956<P><BR>Repaired at Holley Buick Company<BR> 325 No. Main <BR> Spanish Fork, Utah<BR>on 7/5/57 $10.00 Loren

• 4 weeks later...

Great work everyone. I have added these codes. I will be posting them soon. I have also changed the format to a all text format. No more search engine. The idea was to have people enter them themselves but for not it is not working so I am going back to an all text sheet. It will load faster and give you the whole list.<P>Mark Macoubrie <A HREF="http://www.buickgsx.net" TARGET=_blank>http://www.buickgsx.net</A>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 455stage1

Taken from 1970 Window stickers at Duane's party -<P><B>18-208</B><BR>Twin City Motors<BR>Alcoa TN<P><B>30-213</B><BR>Pfister Pont Cad Buick Inc.<BR>Watertown WI<P><B>30-697</B><BR>Frascona Buick Inc<BR>Wauwatosa WI<P><B>30-870</B><BR>Quinlevan Buick Co<BR>Milwaukee WI<P><B>95-599</B><BR>Roy Foss Motors<BR>Toronto ON

Guest n2buick

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Anybody know anything about Kindler Buick? My '54 has a dealer emblem on the trunk that says<BR>Kindler Buick Chillicothe <P>I'm trying to trace the history of the car, manufactured in Wilmington Delaware. I've been told there is a Chillicothe MO. Anybody know if there was a Kindler Buick Dealership there in the 1950's?<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Bruce, there doesn't seem to be a current dealer by the name of Kindler,in Chillicothe, MO. My in-laws live just north of there, so were are through there frequently. I took a look at my phonebook for that area, and this is what I found. The current dealership that I believes handles all GM's is Barnes-Baker Motors. Not many Buick specific dealers left in the smaller towns. Their phone number is 660-646-3156.<BR> Maybe they can tell you if they were the old dealership, or where it might have been in town, and what it is now.<BR> If I can help in any other way let me know. I'd even be happy to get a picture for you if the building still exists.<BR>Jeff

• 1 month later...