Looking for a mechanic

Looking for a mechanic to fix my 1925 dodge 5 window coupe. Los Angeles area. Please help! I was told it ran when parked I have cleaned the carb and resealed the vacuum tank still can’t start it. Has spark has compression but doesn’t get gas to the plugs I guess? Their dry? What do I have to do to get it running? What is the correct starting procedure? 

If you have spark and compression then squirt a little fuel in each plug hole, it should then fire.

If you have fuel in the carburettor fuel bowl then even if the vacuum tank is not working it will run for a minute or so.

• Like 1

There should be a plug in the top of the vacuum tank, you can fill the vacuum tank with fuel through this.

There is also a tap at the base of the vacuum tank so make sure this is open

Pointing down.

• Like 1

In addition to the above, remember, the vacuum fuel system can't pull fuel from the rear tank unless the engine is running to create vacuum, which is why you need to pre-fill the vacuum tank.  Don't try to fill it full, a cup or two of fuel is plenty.

Make sure the timing is retarded and open the hand throttle a couple notches.  Pulling the regulator knob on the dash is the equivalent of choking a more modern car.   If you have fuel, spark and compression it should fire (assuming no one's messed with the timing).

Good luck, let us know what your find.

• Like 1