1935 Pontiac brakes

aristech

I have been having an issue with my brakes on my 1935 Pontiac. It is pulling to the right. I have adjusted the brakes and they rub just about the same on both sides, But when I drive it still pulls to the right. Could the Drum be the reason for it grabbing more on passenger side?

Edited by aristech (see edit history)

1935? You could have a stuck piston in a slave cylinder. It happened to my 1936 once. Another thing that happens is a brake hose can collapse internally and block fluid to one side.

On more modern cars, brake pulling is usually a suspension problem. I wouldn't rule it out. I would check the front suspension carefully for looseness.

So I pulled the drums off and everything is brand new. Wheel cylinder's are working properly, I am suspecting the Drums to be the issue. they are worn and I think they need to be turned.

Next step is to drop drums off to be turned .

-Jermaine 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update. So after further inspection drivers side shoes had grease on them so I used two cans of brake cleaner to get all the grease out. I also had the drums turned and now the brakes work perfectly.  Side note I remember when o use to pay $6 to get my drums turned.  Today I paid $50 each drum. 

• Like 2