1923 Dodge Touring Rear Door

DC0

I'm looking for a passenger side rear door for a 1923 Dodge Brothers Touring.  I recently found a rear drivers side door on this forum, and I am hoping to find a passenger side rear door now.  Does anyone have one they are willing to part with?

Don

I have a passenger side rear but is missing the latch/door handle (type made for outside door handle). What is the size of the opening? Not sure if it is for the 114 or 116 wheel base cars. 

Dear M:

Thank you for your prompt response.

The opening at the top of the rear door is about 21.75".  I have attached pictures with the dimensions of the rear driver's side door.  The dimensions are the same (only the door is a mirror image).  The door itself is 22" wide and 21.5" tall. The fact that you don't have the latch/door handle is OK as I have another.  Does your passenger side rear door meet these dimensions?

Don

image.jpeg.29a7d1c210ffd8bb6f854f5739438709.jpegIMG_6925.jpg.4448e0ce4afec5ac4e61c27d27891bca.jpg

Checked the door I have, yes the measurements are the same. But the one I have, the skin is really wavy and bead area between the hinges is bent, along with being very rusty but solid. Unless the passenger door you have is rotted out, and if it looks anything like the driver side you show, I would suggest finding a place that does acid stripping and use it. Don't know if that is the drivers side you took off to replace or the replacement you got, but if it is the one that was on the car, I would have had it cleaned and used it. 

I really never had looked that close at the one I have, it was just a door that I kept moving around. While I don't want that much for it, the shipping down to you might be high for its condition. If you haven't, you might want to post what you need on the two Dodge Brothers Facebook pages. There are a few guys down in California that post on Facebook that might have something better than the one I have. Sorry to get hopes up for you (and me) but would rather have someone see it in person and not ship something you would not be happy with. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Mark, for your candor about the door's condition.  Is it possible that you could capture the flaws in a picture(s) and send them at your convenience?  Maybe there is something I can do with the door if the flaws are not too bad.

Don

I am pulling it off the market. Found some rust out on the top rail. Tried to take some photos and just did not work out. Sorry and good luck with your search. 

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 3:13 AM, cutdown said:

I have seen the results of soaking rusty steel in a 1;4 solution of molasses and water. Comes up like new steel.   Probably better than an acid bath but I suspect it may be a mild acidic solution.

Try electrolysis and use a baby swimming pool