WTB - 1928 Buick Master Engine

Nick

Does anyone have a spare Buick master engine? I have a 1928 28-47 that developed a crack stretching from the number 2-4 cylinder. The freeze plugs are also leaking and the engine isn’t the greatest to begin with, so I’m considering a whole new engine. I’d prefer a running engine if possible. Please reach out if you have one that’d you’d be willing to sell, or know of someone with an extra engine. Could potentially even swap the block too if someone has one available. Located in central Pennsylvania. Best regards.

44472E07-3F1A-4799-A0C3-817FA3B6FBD8.jpeg

• Like 1

There is a 1928 Master parts car in central PA for sale.   That motor might not be much better than what you have now.  The owner is not a regular here so I don't know if he will respond.   Follow this link to his original thread.  BTW cracks in the lower part of the cooling jacket are common; mine was welded decades ago. 

central PA parts buicks.jpg

Edited by Oregon Desert model 45
edit (see edit history)

Kevin:

Friend Peter and I were going to go out to investigate these pieces. They are NOT in Central PA. It turns out to be in NE PA. Clarion County.  Even so, the original poster was reluctant to give us any more specific location. About a 3hr. Drive for Peter north of Harrisburg. Nick is in Lancaster Co. It would be a 5 hr. ride for him. He had already contacted me about sorcing annother engine. I am checking all my leads here. Peter and I were not very confident if there would be much left to salvage since these had been out in the weather for many decades.

Nick:

I have your email but not your phone #. I have already sent you this message.

Nick:
 I checked with my friend Peter Rambis. He has a 1928 Master block that he said had been magnafluxed to check for cracks. He is up near Newport on Rt.15/11 20 miles north of Harrisburg. Peter's # 717.......
 I cannot find your phone #. I will check with Steve T.
Best Regards:
 Larry DiBarry
717-263-3804
  • Like 2