1928 Rolls-Royce Phantom 1 Shooting Brake

It has been some time since I have posted.  Looks like things have changed with the site. Despite everything I did I could not log on using the user name and password that I have used for 10 years.  But no matter.  I am living in Europe now and so it is time to start fresh - Supercargirl is now Tesstarossa!  But I am always Kelly Dietrick, Exceptional Car Broker. 

This car is part of a collection that also includes a few interesting Nash's.  The car is in Belgium but I really think the car would do well in an American market - plus I know how much everyone loves to see great cars on this site so here we go - first up the RR Phantom - more cars to come.  If there is any interest in this car I can easily help to organize shipping.

1928 Rolls-Royce Phantom 1 Shooting Brake

Chassis Number: 84FH

Engine Number: SK95

Inline 6 cylinder engine of 7,668 cc capacity, was originally completed with limousine body by coachbuilders W. H. Knibbs & Sons Ltd of Manchester UK 

First registered in May 1928 as 'RY 3315', a Leicester mark. The shooting brake body, said to be by Weaver, is believed to have been fitted during WW2 when the Phantom was used to ferry RAF repair crews and their tools to stricken aircraft.

'84FH' is next recorded in 1953 when it belonged to Mrs Mirabel Topham, whose family owned Aintree racecourse, home of the world famous Grand National steeplechase, and stayed in the family's possession until 1984. In 1953 Mrs Topham opened a new racetrack within the established Grand National course, the Mildmay.  The circuit soon gained the reputation as one of the best in the world, hosting the British Grand Prix on five occasions between 1955 and 1962. '84FH' was used extensively within the grounds of both the motor circuit and the racecourse, and can be said to have been one of the UK's earliest 'safety' or 'pace' cars.

Sporting excellent mahogany woodwork, it is equipped with two occasional seats and sliding internal division. In 2008 the engine was completely rebuilt with a new cylinder head by David Jones and Fiennes Restoration, the rebuild being fully documented and photographed. Factory build sheets and well-documented history go with the car.

€245.000

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-3.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-21.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-22.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-54.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-57.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-67.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-69.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-71.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-81.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-110.jpg

1928-Rolls-Royce-40-50HP-Phantom-1-Shooting-brake-113.jpg

You have been missed! Along about January (was it one year ago or two now?), some security issues forced the admins to make changes to the sign in procedures. User name can no longer be used for the purposes of signing in, instead your attached email address has to be used to sign in. In addition, some added restrictions to your password were made necessary. Once signed in and updated if necessary, your old user name should be okay if you wanted to go that route?

Nice car! But not in my marketplace.