Organizing a Chapter Tour

CarCrazyAl

Hello!  Having reviewed the AACA Touring Guide I am rather baffled.  My local chapter is considering putting together a tour.  We thought this could be rather informal and include a variety of cars & participants.  The various named AACA Tours (Founders, Vintage, Sentimental, etc.) seem to have restrictions on years of cars allowed in each.

How should we go about organizing a tour?  Do we just do something informal & local, or should we enlist the assistance of National, or ???

Any help or guidance is appreciated!

~~Ben A, RMR

You can do an informal tour for your chapter anytime and any way you want to.

If you want to host a National Tour, then you contact the VP of National Activities and choose which tour you want to host. He will be happy to help you. If you have never organized any tour, it would be best to start with a local chapter tour, and also participate in some national tours before you try to host a National tour. The National tours have specific guidelines and procedures to follow.

Your local Chapter can choose any details that you want for a local chapter tour. You don't have to involve anyone outside of your chapter for a local chapter tour. 

• Like 1

Ben;

Your Group has done some National Tours in the past, so you have some experience to draw on.   The divisional Tour is a little more liberal in its allowances than any of the others so you may consider it over the others.   I have been in touch with Mr. Bacon of your Region  (that is if I am correct in my assumption that RMR means Rocky Mountain Region) on the subject.   I'm happy to assist you in any way I can to make a tour happen!!