Hershey Car Show and Flea Market

Hello Everyone,<BR>Can anyone lead me in the direction of who to contact about renting space, in the flea market, at the Hershey Fall Car show next year?<BR>I have been going to Hershey for 30 years this year and really want to become part of the experience.<P>Thanks,<BR>John Thies<BR>jthies@epix.net<BR>610-939-6189

John, If you been going to Hershey for thirty years you probably know you must be an AACA member to register for spaces. In the Antique Automobile magazine, AACA publication sent to members, is a notice that comes out in the March/April or the May/June issue announcing that people can register for flea market spaces. The members that had them the year before must reapply by January. Usually, spaces are already taken, however, there are some available from time to time. <BR>The only other option is finding someone not using their spaces and trying to get them, however, you still must be an AACA member to use the spaces or they could lose them.<BR>I hope this helps you out and good luck!

I've been wondering something for awhile: if a vendor at Hershey has a space but really could use an adjoining one, can he or she request the Hershey region to notify him/her if an adjoining one is not renewed and thus becomes available?<P>Similarly, I noticed in the information pack that is mailed to each vendor a statement that "there is to be no reselling of spaces." Does this preclude a situation in which a vendor doesn't come that year but pays for the space anyway, to retain renewal rights, and allows the adjoining vendor(s) to use the space for that year? Or does it only mean that you may not "rent" your own space for more than the fee that you paid?<P>Can any Hershey region members out there enlighten me on this one? confused.gif Thanks in advance.

The only way I could get two adjioning spaces was to apply for 2 spaces, in the spring when everyone else applies for any open spaces. that year I had also renewed the one space I had. As it was, there was a motorhome too long for his own spaces on it and the Hershey officals that talked to at the time about it basically said "so.tough." I just used my other spaces. <BR>As for the "there will be no reselling of spaces". You pay for them when you renew them. They are your wether you come or not and lets you renew them for the following year. You can not "rent" them to anyone for any $$ figure.

OK; thanks, novaman. What if the fellow next to you calls you the week before the meet and says "Not gonna make it this year; use my space if you want." If you take him up on his offer, would it cause any trouble with the Hershey law?

Not a big deal in this case. You may not have seen some of the earlier threads where hvs (or whatever tag his computer lets him use now) decided not to go to Hershey this year. He sent me his stickers for the spaces next to mine and we just sort of temporarily stretched out. Not that it meant all that much in Yellow field this year. <P>The rules are intended to prevent some individuals from making the spaces a commodity in themselves and assure that the spaces are held by AACA members. It is sometimes important to remember that Hershey is the Fall AACA National Meet.

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Now Ron, if you buy Howard a beer the next time you see him, have you paid him $2.00 for his space? wink.gif

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi all, Keep in mind that HVS and Ronbarn are both former presidents of National. If it were not Kosher, they would not do it.SalG

I'm in a situation where I've been helping out and hauling hauling parts for an older Region member for years.<BR>He's got real nice flea market spots on a dry flat area. I would like to keep helping him as long as he is able to attend, but, since he's not getting any younger, I would like to see about gettting these spaces transfered to my name, so I could pay for them and keep them after he feeles he's no longer going to use them.<BR>I am a long time AACA member so that part of the rules is no problem. Nothing would change as long as my friend needs the use of those spaces except who pays for them! Is this kind of thing doable and if so how. I'd like to know the particulars before I discuss it with him.<BR>