Windshield wiper parking position for dummies like me

kreed

Ok all you windshield wiper guys . Finally got to the point in my 65 restoration to actually putting on my windshield wipers yesterday . The motor was rebuilt and the  two speeds work perfect. My problem is the wipers do not park in the down position but stay in the most upright position on the windshield rather than at the bottom when I attach the blades at the high point of motor rotation. What am I doing wrong ? In what position should the motor be in when the blades are attached ? Tried attaching in the lowest position of motor rotation and the wiper ends on the cowl grill . If I attach them in the highest position of motor rotation they end up opposite of where they should park I.e. corner of windshield .  Suspect there is a midway point in motor rotation to attach but wanted to make sure as they are a PIA to get off and on the motor . I know the right side is the lowest in the final park position . Hope this makes some sense . As always appreciate  your help . 
KReed

ROA 14549

28 minutes ago, kreed said:

Ok all you windshield wiper guys . Finally got to the point in my 65 restoration to actually putting on my windshield wipers yesterday . The motor was rebuilt and the  two speeds work perfect. My problem is the wipers do not park in the down position but stay in the most upright position on the windshield rather than at the bottom when I attach the blades at the high point of motor rotation. What am I doing wrong ? In what position should the motor be in when the blades are attached ? Tried attaching in the lowest position of motor rotation and the wiper ends on the cowl grill . If I attach them in the highest position of motor rotation they end up opposite of where they should park I.e. corner of windshield .  Suspect there is a midway point in motor rotation to attach but wanted to make sure as they are a PIA to get off and on the motor . I know the right side is the lowest in the final park position . Hope this makes some sense . As always appreciate  your help . 
KReed

ROA 14549

Im aasuming the internal relay/park function is working...but to test....turn the wiper switch on, then off, in various positions and watch or listen for wiper motor operation. Depending on the wiper motor position when turning off the wipers, the motor should continue to run even after turning off the switch while the motor is parking.

. Cycle the wiper motor to the park position, then install the wiper arms in the proper position keeping in mind the wipers will place some drag, or resistance to rotation, when installed.

Tom

Thanks Tom as usual you make it it sound very simple. Didn’t realize  there was a specific internal relay for the park position . I sure hope that is working after spending $$ getting that darn motor rebuilt and the royal PITA installing it ! Will check it out later today . Thanks very much . Ken 

KReed

ROA 14549