brake adjusting and parking brake

cquisuila

hello

i just changed shoes, springs... in rear

i have interrogation to adjust the brakes

- in workmanual it is talking of adjustement wheels with 30 notches on the adjusting screw in drums

but i have impression to put many more notches (yet my shoes are new🙃) to adjust correctly

what do you think ?

thanks

philippe

here the specifications :

image.png.e0dbcaf5846cdb6ef5de3f17dda2d99b.png

image.png.809c037ea7fd7ebfaba8a2bd56654643.png

PARKING BRAKE adjusting :

image.png.d1caad08b2e596434a8efc289c54983e.png

Yes.

First you must adjust the regular brake (service brake).  It must be correct before you change anything on the parking brake.  Once the service brake is correct, it is common for the parking brake to also automatically be correct.

The Riviera has automatic brake adjusters that expand the shoes when you apply the brakes firmly when stopping when going in Reverse.  Reverse.  So you can back down your driveway or back down your street in Reverse and repeatedly apply the brakes with your foot every meter or two.  Every application of the brakes will click the adjuster 1 or 2 notches.  Eventually there will be no more adjusting to be done and you are finished.

After that step, see if you like where the parking brake pedal stops when the parking brake is applied.  If it is too close to the floor, then get under the car and tighten up that nut.  But if it is OK, then do not change anything.

• Like 1