1931 Ford Roadster - $29,500 Nice story

Definitely at the very top end of the current market, but great history. 

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/coronado-1931-ford-roadster/7551460496.html

My uncle with the same name bought this car new in 1931 from a dealer in Los Angeles. I grew up with this car and always loved it. I bought it from his widow in 1991. In 1997, I had it painted Washington Blue and Black, a standard color for roadsters. It is holding well with a few chips but no rust. It has always been garaged. I completely restored it in 2019 including a rebuilt engine, drive train and much more. It was done by experts in Ramona, CA, at Hansen Ford, recommended by Model A Ford Club of America, San Diego Chapter. All they do is Model A restoration. I have a complete list of what they did if you are interested. I drive it once a week around Coronado. It starts like new and drives the same. Also in 2019, I had new leather upholstery installed with a new top and one new rib all from LeBaron Bonney. So, it is a one family, two person owned car that has been well cared for and could last another 90 years. I am in my mid '80's and unable to care for it properly, so time to downscale. I have photos but unable to get them into this ad. Will email. (619) 762-0929

• Like 5

Restoration costs in 2019 must have been significant.  Hopefully it finds another long term caretaker.  His best shot at his number will be via MARC or MAFCA.  A lot of folks out there comprising the market for average to good Model As, but fine point, unrestored/untouched but really nice, or a car such as this one will most likely find the buyer who will spend a little more for a special car through the national club scene.

• Like 1

I have a friend who just bought a similar roadster, older award winning restoration for $17K. That was "a deal" but with "a few chips" as stated, I would think low to mid 20's for this car. 

• Like 1