Photos Wanted: Original 1931 Chevrolet Dash Decal

Trreinke

I am working on getting the dash decals for 1931 Chevrolet reproduced. I have someone who might be willing to print/trim them.

They (as well as myself) want to make sure they are as close to original as possible before an investment is made. So I am looking for as many pictures as I can find of originals to ensure correctness.

If you have a '31 Chevrolet with an original decal please take and post a picture. The higher the resolution the better.

Note: the reproduction that Icari did years ago was not quite perfect but I do have pictures of the reproduction.

Not all dashes were apparently the same, my 1931 Chevrolet Deluxe Coach (Canadian built) had a faux wood grain in gauge area, you might want to try something different. Not sure if it was used in USA production. 2nd photo is from internet. I believe these were "painted on' rather than decals, but a decal would suit. Much better look IMHO, and so easy to reproduce.

IMG_0752.JPG

1931 Chevrolet Coupe dash.jpg

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Not all dashes were apparently the same, my 1931 Chevrolet Deluxe Coach (Canadian built) had a faux wood grain in gauge area, you might want to try something different. Not sure if it was used in USA production. 2nd photo is from internet. I believe these were "painted on' rather than decals, but a decal would suit. Much better look IMHO, and so easy to reproduce.

You are correct, the wood grain was used on Canadian built cars and looks really good. Yours is in excellent condition!

Sadly, I am a purest and am spending way too much time/money trying to make this car exactly as it left the dealer. It is my curse, 😆.

• Like 1