1941 international woodie roof gutter

David Bruce

Well , I have found the long grain cobra vinyl in 66" width, found the hidem welt, found the 1/4" foam, found the starter fabric that goes on top of the slats. Now i am looking for gutter and am wondering if i really need gutter, this car will never see rain and this car is going to be a driver once a week to the beach or to local shows, it has original wood except for the wood slats on the roof  which i replaced. It is not a full restoration, Im just keeping it as original as possible, protecting the wood and steel. The next guy that gets this car will most likely tear it apart and completely restore it. Anyone know where i can get gutters or do i really need them ?

thumbnail-32.jpg

David, had you said that you were talking to Eckler's, I would have told you that it was a waist of time. Eckler's tells everyone that they have the 66" material but when you try to order it then they tell you they do not have it.

Something isn't right here. I called Hartz on behalf of the NWC and was told that the Cobra grain is only available in 49" and 60" widths. Are you sure you are talking about the Cobra Grain and not Hartz Cloth?

I never got your first name, Im talking with the third generation Eric Haartz , He just called me back from the east coast, he says his sales staff is not well versed in some of the products and is probably looking at short grain. Call him directly, tell him Dave Peterson from San Diego referred you. I told him you would be calling

David, '41 thru '48 Ford used a small clip to transition from the rear "hidem-welt" to the metal rain gutter. If you have a copy of the Restoration Specialties catalog, it is part number 7323. You might also see the clip on their web site. The slot goes into the rain gutter and the other side goes over the welting. It makes a nice transition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/27/2022 at 12:23 PM, David Bruce said:

Eric Haartz Ph # 978-264-2611 , His family has been in the business for 125 years, he is super keen on roof materials

As a refresher, did you end up getting the 66” long grain cobra deck material from Eric Haaretz?  Hope your project is going well. Thanks. Thomas aka Shootey