1954 Packard Caribbean 57K or offer

As an aficionado of Packard Caribbean I can tell you that the 54 is rarely seen vs the 53.   Production in 54 was about 1/2 of 53, but that ratio seems less with survivors.    I personally prefer the 53 styling but the 54 has a big advantage over the 53 as it has the 9 main bearing 359 engine. 

This looks like a decent car with reasonable price on it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304654108647

This 1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible is Packard's top of the line image car, priced at a whopping $6,100 when new!  Only 400 were built!  This beautiful example is offered by the Vault Classic Cars dealership, Fullerton, California.

This is a lavishly equipped and stylish car, with 359 Cubic inch straight 8, automatic transmission, Packard chrome wire wheels,  power top, power windows and power seat.  The 4 wheel drum brakes are power assisted,  and the continental rearmounted spare is standard equipment on the Caribbean model.  Of course radio and heater were also standard equipment.

A great looking car!  I would consider it an excellent car for tours and driving, but not a show car.  It has a few cosmetic issues, such as the re-spray to the right front fender visible in this photo, as well as other paint chips and flaws.

Picture 1 of 24

• Like 6

I have always preferred the super clean 1953 Caribbean over all other years.  The 55-56 I love too, but looking at the decluttered 53's always pleases me. 

I sought a restoration project 1953 about 20 years ago and they were $8,000 to $10,000.  Too much for me then.  

As for the 1954, I still like it and I like that each year is unique.  Packard did a nice job and that last year engine would be fun.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 1