1949 Ford Woodie

Familyfirst

Hi. I joined this club in an attempt to trace down my old 49 Ford Woodie. In about 1982 or so, I sold it to an airline pilot. We met at the airport in Tulsa OK. All I can recall is that he was from the Great Lakes area, maybe Wisconsin. The car’s main identifier was a patch on the passenger door wood, about a foot long, on the up and down pillar where it latches. It’s light green and V-8.  There was a little defect in the paint on the passenger rearish roof. It was just a little splotchy. This was a pretty rust free Wyoming car with covered rear spare and 2 taillights. The dash was pristine and I put a new headliner in it. I bought it from the original owner in about 1977. If anybody has any clue as to where this might be, I’d love to hear from you. It would be fun to see it again and let the present owner know more about it. Thanks so much, Roger 417.850.60wonwon or Rogerscars@gmail.com

Edited by Familyfirst
Modified phone number (see edit history)

Unfortunately, your "identifiers" may have been "repaired" through the years so they may not be there anymore.

The best chance you may have in locating the car is if you have the VIN # and see if you can match it to a car in the NWC or Ford clubs.

Good luck with your search

Well, as Joe points out a lot can happen to a car in 40 years. If you have some time and really want to play detective, I would find someone that has a copy of the Membership Directory from the National Woodie Club. For instance, there are only 5 members from Wisconsin listed with '49 Ford "Woodies". If you really have time there are about 100, 1949 "Woodie" owners in the entire club, get some postcards and drop them a line.

I have a paper version of the NWC 2019 Membership Directory. Wisconsin is one full page and a small part of a second page. I am happy to send a copy to Family First by private message. Would that be the proper protocol to protect privacy of NWC members?

Shootey, I don't think that it would be wrong to copy a page from the directory. All member's are asked voluntarily to use their contact information, you do not need to be listed if you do not want to. I have been in the directory for years and have never been bothered by anyone. The V-8 Ford club also sends out a directory, I keep a copy of both in my car in case of trouble on the road. With the thousands of directories out there, one page is not going to make a difference.