1937 Dodge MC 1/2 Ton Headlight Questions

1937_Dodge_Truck

I know this has been talked about but here is what i have. I have two sets of headlights one set being around the 7 1/2" diameter and the other set being around 8 1/4" diameter. the pix show the brown headlights with a single smaller depression in the bucket (around 7 1/2" diameter) and the blue bucket shows a larger depression that the mount goes into the bucket (around 8 1/4"). Which one is correct for the 1937 Dodge MC 1/2 Ton truck. If the brown one is correct i have the mounting bases, but i don't have the correct mounting bases for the blue ones. which leads me to ask if the blue buckets are correct does anyone have the correct mounts for them?

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/9/2022 at 9:32 AM, 1937_Dodge_Truck said:

I know this has been talked about but here is what i have. I have two sets of headlights one set being around the 7 1/2" diameter and the other set being around 8 1/4" diameter. the pix show the brown headlights with a single smaller depression in the bucket (around 7 1/2" diameter) and the blue bucket shows a larger depression that the mount goes into the bucket (around 8 1/4"). Which one is correct for the 1937 Dodge MC 1/2 Ton truck. If the brown one is correct i have the mounting bases, but i don't have the correct mounting bases for the blue ones. which leads me to ask if the blue buckets are correct does anyone have the correct mounts for them?

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

update

Dave,   Pics of headlights and brackets I'm using on the 37.  It all fits together so I'm satisfied. 

A thick rubber pad (available from Roberts) fits between the bucket and bracket. The pad will work well after a bit of "tune up"  

Be safe on the road fella!   

John     In Green Mountain Iowa     Detour my way sometime. 

102_3834.JPG

102_3835.JPG

102_3836.JPG

• Like 1