convertible top

1942lccharlie

i have only been able to find two companies that make a convertible top for a 1942 lincoln continental, and i would like to know if anyone has used tops from either E-Z on auto tops or convertible top guys/ m&t manufacturing.  i will appreciate any advice, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

This may help, If you are a member of the LINCOLN ZEPHYR OWNERS CLUB,  look on pg.17 of " The Way of the Zephyr" ,VOL.55,#2. Alan Whelihan  looks on as his 1942 Lincoln Continental  Cabriolet is loaded on a big van to be shipped to it's new owner. I owned this car from 1965  to 1971, but never finished the restoration.  PM Alan on this site and perhaps he will tell you who  installed the top. Do you have the old top still on the car or enough to make a new top?  On my 1938 LZ Conv. , I had the top cut from "scatch".  Good luck- Larry

Larry, i am not a member of LZOC , and no  i do not have my original top, but i did find two more companies that say they have the patterns to make a top, they are Electron tops and ARO 2000 tops. If anyone has used any of these companies, please let me know if they were satisfied with the products.

I would go to a local shop that has installed or made a top for a 1940's car and have them choose a supplier and install it. A poor or incorrectly installed top can ruin the appearance of the car and be expensive to make right. Check around for other convertible owners in your area to find out who does the best work.