1964 Buick Riviera HVAC Vacuum Hoses - Diagram

lorenzocg

Hello All,

Does anyone have access or can direct me to where I can find a diagram for the '64 Riviera HVAC vacuum hoses?  Also, if you know or confirm the correct inner and outer diameter.  The original ones on my car are frayed and breaking as I try to work with them...  Thank you so much in advanced.

Lorenzo

1 minute ago, lorenzocg said:

Hello All,

Does anyone have access or can direct me to where I can find a diagram for the '64 Riviera HVAC vacuum hoses?  Also, if you know or confirm the correct inner and outer diameter.  The original ones on my car are frayed and breaking as I try to work with them...  Thank you so much in advanced.

Lorenzo

Do you have a factory service manual?  Usually those diagrams are in the manual.

• Like 1

I have the chassis & Body manuals but don't see a vacuum diagram... there's about 8 hoses 1/8" inner diameter (I think).  I have seen diagrams on-line for the '63 Riviera but not for '64, they don't look the same 63-64

Larry, thanks again, I went through the Chassis manual and there is reference to vacuum hoses... I was hoping there was something more descriptive and specific as I have seen on-line but maybe it just doesn't exist for the '64 model... I appreciate your help.

Lorenzo

Sometimes a factory parts book has system and sub assembly illustrations. I don't have those for Buick, but I know Olds and Pontiac books have them. 

Go a little further down the Forums to Buickland and I'd expect someone there to have such books, and there's a dedicated Riviera subforum there too. 

On 7/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, rocketraider said:

Sometimes a factory parts book has system and sub assembly illustrations. I don't have those for Buick, but I know Olds and Pontiac books have them. 

Go a little further down the Forums to Buickland and I'd expect someone there to have such books, and there's a dedicated Riviera subforum there too. 

What location of the Olds and Pontiac books have the vacuum diagrams, I have not found them in Buick books, but I may be looking in wrong location.

Thank You in Advance,

Bob

10 hours ago, rocketraider said:

The drawings are usually in the front sections of the parts books. They're used to identify the parts group the component part numbers would be found in. Also handy to see how things are put together.

Thank You Glenn, I will look in that area of the Buick master parts books, great information on this forum and from members knowledge.

Bob