Is a 1913 chassis a good find and where can I sell it

Deewestcoast

Deewestcoast,

Dispite the snide remarks, I think we're making progress.   The Chassis is upside down on the trailer and appears longer than the traiIer.

Measure the wheel base by measuring the distance between the center of the front hbb and the rear hub.   Make sure you straighten out

the directiom of the front hub first.  I suspect we may be looking at a early truck chassis.   The cross members would indicate a long two

piece driveshaft, not common in cars.

Awaiting that wheekbase # and the truck guys to join the conversation.

Edited by Paul Dobbin
spill check (see edit history)

Whenever you want to identify the make of an item like this, there are a few simple rules that can help.    First,  take photos from in front,  behind, and at least one side view.  In this case,  the view from the rear, upside down, does not show whether the drive to the rear axle involves a torque tube.   ( In this case, it looks to me probable that the drive is ( or was) by open tailshaft.   The style of the rear axle/differential is fairly commonplace.   The shape and style of the rear of the main chassis rails is unusual.  The style, and the combination of internal expanding with contracting band brakes with the same thin material of the drums is not ideal thermally.  The age would be early to mid 1920s.    Without measurement of distance between centres of front and rear axles two possibilities could be Hudson and Studebaker. The frame  looks possibly longer than the 1918 Hudson that Henry Formby had here, which was sold interstate early 1980s.  Possibly Studebaker was a make that could have had logical idiosyncracies.    What you really need to do is compare what you have with the listings of specifications in the January  ( New York) issues of MoToR for those years of the early to mid to mid 1920s.  You can learn a lot of details about a lot of cars through these.

• Like 5