1967-1970 wildcats

does anyone know if the wildcats during these years came with 4-speeds as an option or as standard equipment? <P>i think that a 4 speed car with a 430 and a 3.64 posi rear would be great!<P>john

I don't think that there was any of these animals produced, with a 4 speed. The three spee on the column was a standard item with the auto trans as an option. I have only seen one anaminal a 1970 Wildcat, with a factory 3 speed on the column. It had to be a farmers car, no radio, no P/B, bench seat,<BR>and a painted black roof, over yellow body, I think the only option was p/ Sterring. It was in a junk yard in Wisc. and had been picked over. At the time I didn't know how rare it was. I think we all have been through this, missed a very rare car.<P>Jim Schilf/ palbuick@aol.com

4-speed manual transmissions were regular factory options for the Wildcats in '63, '64, and '65 only. I have read an article about a '66 2-door hardtop with a 4-speed. Eventhough the owner claims that this was a factory-delivered car built specially for a GM employee, there are several aspects of the car that make it highly suspect, not the least of which is that the 4-speed transmission is completely different from that used in the '65 and earlier models.

Guest john740

According to my 69 sales brochure, the Wildcat was offered with a 3 speed column shift as the standard transmission woth the 430 engine. Th TH 400 Transmission was optional.

Agree with Centurion... no 4-speed 'Cats past 1965. Also, I never could understand why a 3-on-the-tree was even an option on a car with 475 (or 510) lb. ft. of torque! Poor old clutch...<P>To Jim: as a friend of mine often reminds me... just because a certain option set (or lack thereof) makes a car numerically scarce, does that truly make it a "rare" car? I will go out on a limb and say it does NOT make it necessarily desireable... but that's just my opinion.<P>And we all know about opinions... grin.gif" border="0 <P>Matthew

i was wondering how many of the 65 wildcats (percentage wise) were made with the 4 speed trans. i would love one of those cars for a new project.<P>john