transmission TH400 not efficient - "RESOLVED"

cquisuila

6 hours ago, telriv said:

Not the proper size for a postage letter.

Which can't be more than 1/4" in thickness.

Tom T.

ok but i can't pay $70 FOR 3 poors BOLTS !!!

I am reasonable ;)

solved problem !!!

it was well the bolts

i put 3 new bolts with red loctite

and the transmission is good now :):)

when i turned the converter i didn't hear noise as the rest of the bolt but the oil in the converter

i think that the broken bolts were in the pan and when i retried the pan( I have already removed it several times) they fell on the stony ground

question : how the broken bolts can be in the converter because they unscrew towards the crankshaft ?🤥

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 2:17 AM, telriv said:

IF the flexplate needs to be replaced it can be done WITHOUT pulling the trans.  Get two 7/16th. bolts, course thread, about 4-5" long. Remove two side lower bolts from the trans. & install the bolts. Leave the heads on the bolts so the trans. will not slide past the heads. Dis-connect the trans. mount bolts & remove. The trans. linkage mounting will now also be loose. Remove the rod shift lever from the side of the trans. Put a jack under the trans. pan with a 10"x10"x1/2" piece of plywood & jack up the trans. to get it off the mount. 

Remove the 2 center support support bolts & the bolts from the rear of the driveshaft & just let it hang there. Don't forget to mark the relationship of the driveshaft to the rear pinion.

Now remove the other 4 bolts. No need to dis-connect trans. lines as they will move back with the trans. 

You may have to loosen the dipstick tube & remove the bolt, BUT IF I remember correctly one of the bolts holding the trans. to the engine holds it in place.

Get two big screwdrivers or pry bars & move the trans. back. When it is far enough back use a 2 pieces of 2x4 to put between the trans. & the block.

Now you can remove the flexplate. Pay attention to the guide hole between the crank & the flexplate for engine balance.

Tom T.

i found the last 2 bolts !!!😅 so it is good now !!

it was HERE :image.png.590bae9d2e7a85acc661ed477f1c47d0.png

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• cquisuila changed the title to transmission TH400 not efficient - "RESOLVED"