1936 Buick Model 48 - Internal Door Latch Assembly Needed

Does anyone have driver's side door latch.

This is the piece that hooks to the door handle via flat steel piece.

I need everything but the chrome door handle.

If the passenger side is available - I will take this too. )

Thanks!

~P.

• 1 month later...

Paul(?), i read one of your post about someone putting bear claw latches on your doors. Were your exterior handles modified for the bear claw? These GM latches were used `33-`36 and depending on application the main difference is the location of the interior flipper lock. My doors are apart(`36Buick coupe)so posting a picture of the exact latch you need(the one on the right), the other one i think is for a rear door, notice the difference. Those flippers are really hard to find also. Are you needing the striker and all the dovetail pieces too. Have you checked with Dave Tacheny?  I know a guy in Waco Texas, that has some `36 Buick doors he might part out.

DSCN5947.JPG

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Dave doesn't have what I need for 36.

He has some other parts.

Can you check with your guy or get me his information?

I also need some specific parts for 36 Dave does not have - the chrome strip between the wind wing and the updown window :)

Thanks!

You are welcome, i`ll call Leonard sometime today, i just want to check with him before giving out his number. Just a couple months ago an AACA member was looking for a rear door for a `36, and he bought one from Leonard. The doors he has are for a 4dr, but latches/divider posts will all fit the 2dr, linkage rod from interior handle to latch is shorter, he probably has the dovetail pieces, jamb strikers, and i think the interior lock flippers. When i seen the doors he had them leaned up against the wall of his shop. Tell me what other parts you are needing, i might have some extra stuff.

• Like 1