Need help with 1939 Zephyr circuit breaker.

wem

I need help with my 1939 Zephyr circuit breaker.  When changing the wiring harness, I didn't keep track of the 2 terminals on the circuit breaker.  I'm not sure if the feed from the battery is on the right or left; obviously the load from the lighting circuit will go to the other terminal.  Again, this is a 2 terminal breaker, not the 3 like on later models.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Those circuit breakers for the lighting circuits are just in line and don't have any polarity.  You can get a complete electrical diagram @ Boos Harrel Lincoln website and down load it to see how it's wired.  It's in a pdf format, and this site doesn't allow those types of files.  You can download it and print it out if you need to follow the electrical diagram.  They also put the wiring colors on each of the circuits, and providing your wiring is still new enough to see colors it should be easy.  Having an electrical diagram can help you at times when you have problems.  The 39-41 electrical systems are very similar!  Good luck with it!

Thanks Ray!  I have several wiring diagrams for the car, from the original Lincoln repair manual to the one I got from Narraganset with the wiring before they went south.  The best I could tell was that the load was connected to the breaker.  My problem just arose as I was reinstalling the radio head. I bumped a lead on the headlight switch and grounded it - thus the breaker kicked out.  (I know I should have disconnected the battery first - dah.)  The circuit never rectified itself and I had to take off the side panel of the speaker housing, push the points back together, and now the lights works again.  Made me think that the wires on the breaker could be reversed.  Thanks again!

The terminal closest to the resister has the yellow wires with the black tracer and the terminal furthest fro the resister has the black and blue, green and yellow with red tracer. It does make a difference which way you wire the 1936-1939 circuit breaker. It a vibrating magnetic switch.

It sounds like yours may be defective as it should have closed the contacts. When you have a short in the light circuit the switch should vibrate and the lights should flicker.

Thanks!  From your description I have the wiring reversed.  I will switch it around, and purposely short the headlight circuit - it should vibrate unless it's faulty.  I'll report back with my findings!