Inside door handles and collars for 1934 Dodge (Model DT) Chysler? Desoto?

Dodge1934

This is for 2 inside door handles and collars from a 1934 Dodge Model DT

May be useful for other makes as well ... Chrysler & Desoto  USA models

They are in good solid and restorable condition

They are $30,00 US funds for the pair plus postage

I do have extra collars @ $7.00 each if anybody is looking. ask for pictures

Let me know if you have questions

See my other posts for more interesting items

door handles 1.jpg

door handles 2.jpg

door handles 3.jpg

Edited by Dodge1934
clarified use (see edit history)

Well I have been doing handles since 72 as a young man with my Dad, I own over 45k original handles. No Manufacture before WWII made there own handles. Approx 7 Companies made all the handles like lyons, Faith, Ternsteadt, Majestic, Guardian and a few others. I will just say a couple things 

I own my Dads 33 Dodge Dp 6 On Usa models all 33-36 Dodge Interior door openers are same shape and design. I will say export parts if they came from usa sometimes used the year before or excess stock your two you have listed for sale on the front nose actually have shape of 31-32 ply I say nose shape, not design lines, but they are not Dodge at least usa. Plymouth 33-36 Interior door openers are same, winders use different knobs. Finally many people on this site will verify my knowledge of handles. That being said I will quote what my father used to say when people said that I had a car from 1970 and they were on it. I Quote: Do you think Joe sh_t the rag man gave a flying “F” what he put on his car back in the 30’s 40’s 50’s 60’s Joe didn’t know this was gonna grow to the hobby it has? Joe put what worked when the handles cracked and broke. Good luck with your sale was Just trying to help. In the end everytime I chime in with prints or data I get same story. So really use and tell people what you want I don’t care just trying to help.

Regards and Good day.

Rich

PS: I find it hard to believe Canadian Mopar plant put a stamped PE Ply Deluxe engine in a DT if they did use the same engine as plymouth PE Deluxe the serial pad should and I would think it would have been stamped DT#####
Good luck! Enjoy the Dodge

I have 17 DB Touring, 29U Roadster, 32PB Roadster , 33 PC Sedan , 33 Dodge Rumble five window coupe,

Well I guess the Canadian 34  used Chrysler Handles in 34 Dodge DT’s I guess its possible but US Cars did not use that style at all,  I. Can Take pics of the difference of the Chrysler style he is selling and the American 33-36 Dodge cars used if you all like? although all the bolts under my 33 Dodge DP6 are stanped DB, So Walter Chrysler decided to use up the Dodge brothers bolts supply from when he bought out Dodge in 1928 everyone of my Bolt heads are stamped DB

cheers

The Dodge DT was a mish mash of parts from mopar cars in 34.... the engine is correct as a PE engine, The running board were the plymouth style rather than the dodge style and the hub caps were the deepest style rather than the ones they used on the DR models The deepest caps were used on commercial vehicles I believe. the shallower caps won`t fit on the front of my car as the hubs stick out too far.

FYI

Don

• Dodge1934 changed the title to Inside door handles and collars for 1934 Dodge (Model DT)

Thats very Interesting, Does your engine in top front left of block say PE and numbers or does it say DT and numbers and they just used the PE Engine?
   I Did not know all that stuff, guess its true you learn something new everyday, 😂 see below pics of US made 33-36 Dodge Ply and chrysler Desoto certain models

left being like yours, center being the Plymouths and right the Dodge.

well I am sure someone will need your Interior handles as they did break at the mounts easy when people tried to force handle wrong direction.

Regards

1ACF597F-DABA-422B-83E2-C26D5076F024.jpeg

351BFD8F-D90E-44AF-83B8-615DD89394E6.jpeg

Wow, nice! And yep she’s a PE! I am saying the one on the left in America is a Chrysler/Desoto handle I am not saying yours is incorrect for a DT anymore since other guy also chimed and so its a mish posh of different parts I guess. I will say your handle in your picture you just sent is strange though the knobs are definitely Dodge in USA and look at your quarter winder opera you have pictured Its same as my picture on far right as far as design and same as my 33 DP6 which is the usa Dodge design and is used in USA your car situation is very strange from my situation I never seen a new car manufacture (mopar) ty a PE Engine and stamped in a Dodge and a DT model in the USA we ID. A car sometimes in the fields years ago buy the block stamping, I guess thats out on a DT dodge model car in Canada. Thanks for education throws off all my handle knowledge of mopars and thats my cars I collect. Lol cheers

• Like 1

• Dodge1934 changed the title to Inside door handles and collars for 1934 Dodge (Model DT) Chysler? Desoto?
  • 10 months later...