after market rocker panels..are they the same as originals/

Unless they are licensed "GM Restoration Parts", there can be (and probably will be) some differences due to copyright infringement issues. For example, the gauge of the metal might be different or some holes might not be there which are there on the now-discontinued GM items. Or there might be a slight length difference too. Maybe even a stiffening rib (if there is one) would be deleted as well as the water drain holes (if they exist). I suspect that whatever differences which might exist would be things you'd have to know about as you looked at it after it'd been installed on the vehicle. Personally, I think I'd be more concerned about the gauge and quality (hopefully OEM spec) of the metal.

For example, on the "aftermarket" fenders and such for more modern vehicles, the dimensions of the part will be a little off from the factory part and round holes on the factory part might not be on the aftermarket part or might be square instead.

Somewhere, I have a GM Chevrolet parts book which had all kinds of patch panels for GM and other makes of vehicles. These would have been patch panels for rust repair just as what is currently sold by vendors such as Sherman and others. Does anyone have any NOS items to compare these eBay items to?

Just some thoughts, in general . . .

NTX5467