Unobtainium 58 Chev passenger car heater bit

Deanoko

We've had a nice 58 2Dr Delray from new.  It sports the deluxe heater.  At one point there was a thin rubber molded hose that connected the metal heater core shroud, under the dash, to a metal loop suspended over the heater control valve on the inner firewall.  I believe it was meant to try to modulate heat, but was probably not much good for that task.  I am interested in re-creating this bit, but only have a vague idea of the fairly complex shape it had.  I don't think it is being made, but would love to see photos of one "in situ".  The heater core end was a bell shape with a lip internal to the metal hole keeping it in place, then necking down to a tube with a couple bends to snake it down to the control valve.  It was quite thin flexible rubber and probably suffered a quick death in most cases.  Any help appreciated.

Yes!  In the assembly manual there is a drawing which shows what it basically looks like snd provides a part number: 3751677

It even specifies the amount of lubricant to apply to the heater core shroud end and  the type and quantity of cement to use on the other end.

I just need to fin0220221939.jpg.6459e71c7c0d33c5b9bcae079b0f97fd.jpgd a way to fabricate one.  

It is NLA and doesn't even show in part number books.  That same number later became a piece of a Malibu sunroof, which wasn't helpful.  I see on Chevy forums that others are looking too, so if I could do a cad drawing or something I could take to a 3d printer, maybe I could make one by dipping that as a smaller solid (buck) piece into that rubber tool handle dip and peel it off.  Thinking "out loud" here...