1937 PACKARD MODEL 115C TOURING SEDAN - $24,650 (Peoria, AZ) not mine

1937 PACKARD MODEL 115C TOURING SEDAN - $24,650 (Peoria, AZ)

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/d/peoria-1937-packard-model-115c-touring/7438676119.html

This beautiful and classic art deco inspired 1937 Packard Model 115C Four Door Touring Sedan spent most of its life in California and was purchased at an estate sale over 20 years ago by its current owner. The odometer mileage is 92,330 and is thought to be original although we cannot guarantee it.

Finished in a striking yellow exterior with a gray cloth interior, the car is in good, unrestored, original condition throughout. The body is solid with running boards along the side of the car. The front and rear bumpers are in very good condition. Both the front and rear bench seats are upholstered and show no major signs of wear or tear. The carpet, door panels and kick panels are all in original condition with only normal wear. The dashboard is finished in a faux wood panel and contains a set of original gauges.

Under the hood is the original new-for-1937 237CI 100HP inline six-cylinder engine that runs extremely smooth and, linked to the floor mounted 3-speed manual transmission, is a joy to drive. The suspension works great with the legendary Packard ride (coil spring independent front suspension). The original painted wheels with Packard hub caps and correct wheel trim rings have 6.5"x 16" wide white wall tires.

The car has no significant rust, only some minor scaling on the under carriage. The body is very straight and true with no dents or fillers evident. The original paint does have age defects including cracks and scratches, especially around the hood, fenders and cowl. The running board rubber mats are in fair shape but probably should be replaced. The chrome is good on the bumpers, grille, door and window hardware.

The following is a list of the most recent work, totally $8000, just completed in January 2022:

Fuel Tank and Lines: repair and flush
Fuel Pump, Hose and Filter: new
Carburetor: overhaul
Brake System: complete overhaul
King Pins and Bushings: new
U Joints: new
Differential Gasket, Axle Shaft & Pinion Seals: new
Transmission: serviced
Engine Side and Oil Pan Gaskets: new
Battery Tray: new

Overall, this is an excellent example of an unrestored, original condition, classic Packard at a very reasonable price. The car is currently a “driver" but is still a head turner at the local car shows.

Priced to sell at $24,650 and, since this is a private party sale and not a dealership, there are no Arizona sales taxes to pay.

• contact name:

Joe

• call or text:

(480) 495-5550

• 00d0d_ajlkkv8riXWz_0CI0r8_1200x900.jpg

• 00q0q_epZm5d7djsez_0CI0mI_1200x900.jpg

• 00O0O_f39i2MyPPGSz_0tJ0t2_1200x900.jpg

• 00R0R_ko5TdBrk2Laz_0CI0t1_1200x900.jpg

I’ve always considered yellow to be a convertible/coupe color, but at least it doesn’t have green fenders.

I’m not a Packard guy, but I like the six and if I had one it’d probably be one of these in a different color, and I’m guessing the upholstery isn’t standard issue?

$15-18K?