55 Buick Roadmaster Steering Column Assembly Info

buickbrothers

Help! I've gotten myself into a pickle. I disassembled my steering column when I painted the car. I took step-by-step pictures of the tear down, but the icloud deleted them for space! I normally copy all my car pictures to my hard drive, but I missed my window on these. Does anyone have a diagram of the steering column showing parts, or pictures, or anything that can help? I just sick about this because I can't find any references in books or on the web.

Thanks John, this is very helpful and I can certainly use for reference. Yes, if you would not mind, please provide the info on the 54. I'm not seeing a part that sit on 4 tiny ball bearings that it rides. Not seeing the ball bearings in the parts list. They are smaller than a BB. Really appreciate the help.

1 hour ago, buickbrothers said:

Awesome John. Thank you. The 56 "Bonus" is more in line with what I have and this will get me going. 55/Dynaflow/72 Model. I'll work on assembling today and I may have a few questions/follow-up pic's if I can't decern some parts/placement.

Glad it may help. Look forward to the pictures. 

I believe I have everything sorted out on reassembly of the steering column. One question I have and confirmation I'm looking for is the spring positioning that operates the neutral safety switch/back-up lights. It seems logical that the slider pin (black pin in pic) on the neutral switch goes in front of the thin spring wire vs. the open slot to the right of the spring wire. I'm pretty confident this is correct, but since I lost all my picture's, and I can't find anything showing the position, I wanted to see if anyone can confirm? 

IMG_0633.JPG