Off to the junkyard

Rusty Heaps

Bad news! Many cars of all makes have disappeared, including some Buicks. Including the ‘53 Roadmaster convertible and some other early ‘50s. Also the ‘58 Oldsmobile station wagon. I’ve got to try to get back up there soon to try to salvage some more parts. Now some pics of the day. 

51E9940B-9DA7-4E5B-868D-6C81CBC25BCA.jpeg

FD72465D-68B2-4236-98A7-830B8E1C62E1.jpeg

F36D8D9D-8CA7-4900-A0B6-64748F394764.jpeg

43F974F2-0004-4976-A708-5B5D145FEC76.jpeg

• Like 1

It looks like the last picture is of a '55 Roadmaster Riviera.

I would be interested in the chrome seat surrounds that go up the side and across the top of the seats.

Having the bolster these chrome parts are attached to would be helpful as well.

Let me know if you are successful in obtaining these for the top of both front seat backs.

Thanks for your time.

20 hours ago, buickstan said:

On closer inspection, I think the car in the last photo is not a '55 but maybe a '57 Roadmaster.

Please disregard my previous note as I don't think '55 and '57 seats are interchangeable.

Again, thanks for your time.

The only ‘55 models in the yard are Specials. One 2dr sedan and one 4dr sedan.

16 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Wherever "up there" is for that junkyard, it sure looks like it would be a fun place to go on a Saturday.  Even more fun than a car show.

It’s in Blaine, TN, and unfortunately not as much fun as a year ago. I’m afraid it won’t be as much fun next year. I still enjoy going and hunting for parts. I also enjoy socializing with the guys there. Good people.

A year ago, did they still have any pre-War or even pre-1950 cars?  My friends and I used to go from Baltimore into Pennsylvania and enjoy full days scouring junkyards in the 1960-70s.  There were even a few in Baltimore as well.  We had more fun than a barrel full of monkeys.  Not many of us are left walking around now days.

And, we stocked our hordes of flea market parts.  We used to also clean out old dealership attics.  It was like Christmas every weekend!

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)