This Week's Puzzle - What Brand Is It? 1949 Buick Exterior Sun Visor

Dan O

I have a sun visor for a 1949 Buick, I believe.   Does anyone know what brand this is and if I am missing any parts?  The chrome center bar is stamped UNIVEX.   I have seen their stamp on a Cadillac emblem and other GM chrome.  Did Buick sell one like this as an accessory?

The visor is not magnetic so it must be aluminum.  The parts are not magnetic either so pot metal?

I guess the smaller metal bracket goes over the antenna and screws to the roof.  And then the visor, fixed to the other part of the bracket, bolts up to that.  The chrome pieces appear to screw to the roof pillars.

IMG-9788.jpg.87e03c1f01427f499cba801e67b76e76.jpgIMG-9789.jpg.19247908585f10686b26aa113e692d97.jpgIMG-9790.jpg.bbe36991e590e4403f732757dabf0565.jpg

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)

Well, well - no takers.  Is it my breath, I wonder? 

I did more research and spoke to a lady in-the-know at Loupee's Stuff with a large collection of visors.  They told me it is indeed a Buick factory accessory made by GM.  The center brackets are hard to find as they are pot metal and often were left on the old Buicks or snapped in two.

Loupee has a lot of exterior visors for sale - https://loupeestuff.com/