2022 - 2022 Mile Challenge

JohnD1956

Here we go one more time (at least). Everyone is invited to the 2022 - 2,022 Mile Challenge.  This challenge is all about using your collector car in the year 2022.  Basically:  choose your vehicle: announce your choice and your mileage goal, and then see if you can accomplish adding that many miles to the car(s) in 2022.

In the spirit of Buick fellowship everyone is invited to join at any point along the way.  There are no rules.  You can use one car or more than one car if you like.  You can go the 2,022 miles or more, or less.  You choose. You keep track.  And occasionally, along the way, post up how you're doing.  Pictures are optional but we all like pictures, so post interesting places you've gone, odometer accumulations, or what ever helps you make your goal. 

Again, this year, I am going to add all three of my cars together with one goal of 3000 miles this year. 

If you join the challenge, I wish you good luck with your goals and look forward to your posts along the way.  

• Like 4

I'm in with my '65 Skylark. Starting mileage 01/01/22:

87A0AD18-006D-4D6D-B6F0-70301B67E0E3_1_105_c.jpeg.c0c10d14ca7f35d151274c5008714caf.jpeg

The plan is to take a trip to Indianapolis in the Spring to visit an old friend. That round trip will give me about 1,500 miles. Then in September-October my wife and I hope to do the whole of Route 66, which will add about 6,000 miles for a total possible mileage of 7,500. Admittedly that's a very ambitious goal, but I have confidence in the car. You can be sure that I'll be going over it with a fine-toothed comb over the Summer months.

So that's the plan, but as the saying goes, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1