HEI distributor to ID

pont35cpe

Must be from a 1980s 305 with the Computer Command Control system (the electronic Qjet). The advance is totally controlled by the ECU, there are no advance mechanisms in the distributor itself. The 1980s Olds 307s with CCC are the same style.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

Must be from a 1980s 305 with the Computer Command Control system (the electronic Qjet). The advance is totally controlled by the ECU, there are no advance mechanisms in the distributor itself. The 1980s Olds 307s with CCC are the same style.

Joe, the distributor came with a tuned port intake system i`d bought, supposedly all came off of the same engine. I had my doubts.

54 minutes ago, pont35cpe said:

Joe, the distributor came with a tuned port intake system i`d bought, supposedly all came off of the same engine. I had my doubts.

Apparently the TPI systems also used a distributor like that (sorry, I'm not well versed in the TPI systems), so yeah it's possible it did go with that TPI system. Same timing control in the ECU as the CCC systems.  I didn't realize that TPI used the large cap HEI distributors.

• Like 1