Fuel Filter Part Number - 401 w/AC

Brtele

I'm sure I'm simply overlooking something, but I cannot find the part number for a 3-barb fuel filter on Wix, NAPA, Summit, AC Delco's search engines.  I can find the part number if I enter my engine as the 425 w/AC, but there never seems to be an option for 401 w/AC.  Am I simply overlooking something.  I would like to think the 401/425 fuel filters are interchangeable, but they are different part numbers for the 401 and 425 without AC.

Thanks for the assistance.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 1:41 PM, Brtele said:

I'm sure I'm simply overlooking something, but I cannot find the part number for a 3-barb fuel filter on Wix, NAPA, Summit, AC Delco's search engines.  I can find the part number if I enter my engine as the 425 w/AC, but there never seems to be an option for 401 w/AC.  Am I simply overlooking something.  I would like to think the 401/425 fuel filters are interchangeable, but they are different part numbers for the 401 and 425 without AC.

Thanks for the assistance.

For anyone that is looking for an original AC Delco fuel filter here is a list of filters that I have been able to piece together through the years that will work on the 401/425 engines with A/C.

GF 67, GF 95, GF 96, GF 415, GF 418 and GF 423

These filters also have a 7 digit part number.

5650104 (GF67), 5650782 (I think this is GF 418), 5651305 (GF 423), 5650781, 5651098 and 5651255

Through the years I have found the GF 423 to be the most readily available. I have on occasion seen the GF 67 and GF 96, the others I don't recall ever seeing.

Bill

IMG_8313.JPG

Edited by Riviera63
revise photos (see edit history)

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Any of these big enough in circumference that they'll fit snuggly in the bracket? Everything I've found is to small and I wind up cutting up an old bicycle tube to use as a spacer.

Ed,

The filter measures roughly 1 7/8" in diameter. As far as I recall they do fit in the bracket snuggly. For sure, much better than the aftermarket versions. When it warms up I will venture through the snow out to the Riviera and take a look. 

Bill

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

@Riviera63Bill, stay inside and watch some football. Not that big of a deal right now.

@Brtele Brandon, god information. 

Anyone, were the filters from the facory green like the engine, blue like othe Delco things, or natural?

Thanks,E

For the filters that I have seen and/or purchased for my Riviera they have been either the gold cad as in the picture earlier in the thread or silver. When I had my Pontiac's those filters tended to be the blue ones.

Bill

AC Silver GF 423 Fuel Filter.webp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, RivNut said:

Any of these big enough in circumference that they'll fit snuggly in the bracket? Everything I've found is to small and I wind up cutting up an old bicycle tube to use as a spacer.

Hi Ed,

Had a nice warm winter day here, low 30's. Went out to the Riviera and checked on the fit of the fuel filter. Snug and tight. My fuel filter bracket (whether it is right or wrong, I don't know) has an adjustment screw to expand the bracket as you would need to do when removing the filter or tighten to hold the filter firmly in place.

Bill