1934 Lasalle

zephyrdave

This may seem dumb for those of who have done this before, but I can't figure out how the column drop attaches to the dash bracket. On other cars it is two bolts, this seems to be different. The column drop has one hole and the dash bracket has two large holes. This car came to me in pieces with boxes of parts. Maybe something is missing. If anyone could shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks 

20211123_114052.jpg

20211123_114019.jpg

20211123_113944.jpg

2 hours ago, zephyrdave said:

This car came to me in pieces with boxes of parts. Maybe something is missing

Pics from one of my 34 LaS dashboards.  It is a sedan dashboard, and used the inboard hole, closer to center of dash,

There were 2 widths of 1934 dashboards, one I have is 1.5" wider than my 3 others, and I think Convertible used the wider one?  I don't know why they made 2 holes.

Only one square hole was used. Lucky that one still has the special bracket and hardware for you to match up in your boxes of parts.  I made an arrow to point to a small 90 degree bent tang on that rectangular back bracket,  (that is hard to see here).  The tang keeps the bracket from turning as you tighten?

DSCN3834.JPG

DSCN3835.JPG

• Like 2