All of the 16Vs on Classiccars.com over $10k have sold

Not propaganda!  I have no connection with ClassicCars.com.  But I have been tracking TC's listed on their site, and just yesterday I realized that they went from nine 16V's with a asking price of more than $10k listed on their site since the beginning of 2020 to zero as of today!  I thought that people on this board would be interested in that statistic.

My conclusion is that the collector demand for 16V's in good shape is picking up, and the supply at least on ClassicCars.com is now zero. 

You can usually find the 'gone' cars listed on different sites, still for sale in the same locale. Sometimes they actually sell and the new owner comes onboard this site or the facebook site. You really need to track ALL sites you can find to get a true story. The problem with these sites used to track sales is that the 'value listings' use the asking price as a real sale price and skew the numbers for other people trying to sell their cars. I wouldn't be able to remember all the TC's I've seen taken off a site and relisted somewhere else. Or the number of TC's on ebay listed as sold that show up with the same photos and info 3 months later on ebay after the old listing is removed from the sites history. Sellers don't want the average car buyer thinking that the car has been for sale for a long time. Now ebay has even started removing a listing from my 'watch list' after it expires.

Actually on Classiccars.com there is a way to determine which cars were sold.  When a seller removes the listing, the site asks him whether the car was sold.  The answer to that question can accessed by anyone who knows the CC ID and searches the site using that ID.  It just so happens that I recorded the CC ID's of all of the over-$10k TCs that were listed on Classiccars.com over the last two years.  So I looked up the eight 16V's that I mentioned before, and seven of them were indeed marked as sold.  The eighth one is no longer listed on the site, so I do not know whether it sold or not.

I took this analysis one step further and looked up all of the over-$10K TCs that were listed on ClassicCars.com over the last two years.  23 were listed during that time period of which 17 were marked "Sold" by the sellers. 4 are still for sale, and 2 are no longer listed on the site.  The average asking price was $14,149, and the top price was $19,500.  Average mileage was 32,993.

This is for real.

• Thanks 1