HEARTLAND REGIONAL MEET

palbuick

I just started to fill out my registration form for the Heartland Regional Meet in Dubuque, Ia. I noticed that the first line of the registration form,(aLLMEET PARTICIPANTS) A $15.00 fee.Plus the registration fee of $ 20.00, for a car to be judged.<BR>This is getting a little steep to drive your car to a Show.<BR>Who knows what the price of gas will be in August.<BR>At this time I do not plan to attend this show, and it's only a 190 mile drive for me.<P> Jim Schilf / Chicagoland Chapter<BR>palbuick@aol.com

shocked.gif" border="0I sent my registration in at the end of March. Just received a letter in the mail, apparently from someone on the show committee, saying I need to remit an additional $15. The form I used was a "first draft" and did not specify the mandatory fee. I would have thought the $15 I paid for "display only" of my Senior car and the $8 for the apple pie and slide show at the awards presentation would have been sufficient. Silly me......but it gets better! The individual sending the correspondence appears to be an attorney! The enclosed SASE is addressed to him at the same address as the legal firm in the return address. While I don't believe this should be inferred to be a legal matter, it strikes me as kind of bizarre. But then, I'll only be getting 10 mpg on the 300 mile trip down there.......<p>[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: GS455 ]

don't go.<P>buick show in denver every september (thanks to the denver chapter) is free, as it should be. <P>i care about seeing the cars and driving mine. not the awards, not the banquet, not the judging, not the club treasury.<P>simply do not go.

For those folks interested in the Heartland Regional show - I apologize for the confusion over the registration form. The $15 fee was omitted on the first draft, and was a mistake. Please accept our apologies.<BR>The letter you received about the missing registration fee is from Pat Brooks, our chapter director - yes, he is an attorney, but that is his profession. There is certainly no legal implication about his letter - just an honest mistake on our part. Again, our apologies!<BR> The fee is only to help us cover costs - we're a non-profit club. Most car shows make a large sum of money on the cost of the banquet meal - as much as $25 or $30. We are not having a banquet so that will not help us cover our costs. I think the overall cost of attending our show is very reasonable. The costs you'll have after your meet registration fee and car registration fee are very small- you will probably have less than $50 total. Many of our tours are free or at nominal cost.<BR>We at the Hawkeye Chapter, hosts of the Heartland regional meet, hope that you will come to our show, because we'll do our best to treat you right, welcome you warmly, and work hard to have a great show.<BR>Please feel free to contact me for any additional information. Again, our sincere apologies for the confusion. We welcome you to the Heartland Regional meet this August in Dubuque, IA.<BR>Alan Oldfield, publicity chair<BR>adoldfield@aol.com<BR>BCA #15140