Fedders Radiator 543785A

30DodgePanel

Anyone recognize the number? 543785A

Just trying to find it's correct exact application, I'm thinking it's for 1931-33 trucks but not sure. 

Seems to be in very good condition, both front and back with almost no damage to coils.

Note, no crank hole. 

It came with some parts I picked up recently.

I thought it was for my truck but when I got home I realised mine has a different number and has a crank hole..

Would like to see it go to a good "original" home. Don't want it in the hands of ratrodders and the like...

Fedders 1.jpg

image.png.f8856079a2d23c547355432e126150dc.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

To be quite honest, I'm not sure anymore lol. I thought I knew but now I squirrled myself...

(ahhh the life of a DB/GB truck owner lol...)

I have one stamped 522730A,

it holds water but is pretty chewed up in the back due to fan damage. I don't think it's original for my truck per the MPB (but I could be wrong).

Even though I haven't found it (522730A) listed in the MPB it does fit on my truck and inside the grill shroud nicely, I'm just trying to understand more. It's in storage, pics of it are attached below. 

Now, the catch is, according to the MPB July 1, 1934 edition -

522755 is the correct "radiator assembly" for DA124 and DA133. 

My 30 Panel is a DA124.

Also according to the MPB,

530260 is correct for "radiator core assembly" for the DA124s and DA133s

543785 should be for F30 and F31 models (the radiator on topic) according to the MPB.

My problem with the MPB numbers are, I'm not sure the Fedders radiator tag is the same as these parts numbers in the MPB. I'm still looking for any Fedders literature that clearly shows a correlation between any of these numbers. Until then, I'm still unclear if the MPB #'s are simply parts #'s. 

The spare you have 536841 is another example of that point as we don't see it in the MPB but I'm sure it has a Fedders tag that you're reading from. 

My question has always been, where do we find proof for these answers? It seems like we are kind of guessing at this and that always creates doubt in all of us.

Sorry for my doubt, but I never like to assume with these trucks. Whenever I do assume it always bites me in the keester. 

30 Panel Radiator Fedders 522730 A 020.JPG

522730A

30 Panel Radiator Fedders 522730 A 005.JPG

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)