the world of technology

kahlonstiv

There is no doubt that the world of technology has changed our lives.
The question marks that arise as a result of the impact of technology on the quality of our lives are focused not only around the issue of the environment, but also address issues that discuss the quality of human society. Thus, for example, some claim that the golem rose above its creator: instead of technology becoming a controlled and controlled part of human life, technology controls his life, and this is because he has become completely dependent on it. Suffice it to think about the results of a slight nocturnal power outage, which leaves us without light, without means of heating or cooling, without means of preserving food (the refrigerator does not work) and even without means of passing the time (yes, TV, radio and computer "die" without electricity) . Another argument is that technology causes humans to move away from each other and become lonely. Who among us does not have a friend who sits at a computer as soon as they return home, "connects" to the Internet, and "wanders" the world on different and strange sites - and all this without exchanging a single word, or eye look, with any person? Some critics argue that at such a rate, we will soon forget how to develop everyday, unmediated human relationships between a person and his friend.
Nowadays my children are already growing up and also want smartphones, but is that something I decided with Yitzmi that they will only get at a later age?
Is this a mistake and should I give them or is my way right and safe?

I totally understand you are not the only one in this boat this is part of an article I read on a topic that can help you
"The issue is not only the age, but also the level of maturity and personal responsibility of the child," says Dr. Mali Danino, an educational consultant and CEO of the Nitzan Association. "The parent has the responsibility to teach the child to use the smartphone properly, to recognize the dangers inherent in this device. The goal is to develop in the child a kind of 'red color' alert, to avoid mirrors that could cause harm with irreversible consequences."

Dr. Danino emphasizes that “when we buy a child a bike we will take care of auxiliary wheels and a helmet, teach the child at his own pace, be by his side, encourage him to gain confidence, drive carefully, learn the rules and eventually know how to ride them independently.

"When we buy our children a phone, do we prepare a training plan? Do we teach them what to watch out for? And most importantly, do we teach them that a word written is engraved in the heart of the other party? What happens when everyone decides to exclude a child from the group? "Taking a stand? Fearful? It is our job as parents to be involved, to take a stand, to be on the pulse and be interested in what is happening on the social network, no less than what happens in a school that is sometimes just the tip of the iceberg."

The truth is that it also does not matter which smartphone is a Galaxy iPhone Shiomi or any other company.

Parents need to be present
"The issue of screens is only a small part of our position as parents in front of children in matters of boundaries, education and parental presence," says Osnat Garty, a clinical psychologist for children and youth and director of the Gerty Center for Emotional Therapy for Children. "Children live in a world that is developing technologically at a dizzying pace and there are social norms that it is important to allow them to be a part of.

This is exactly my problem that a lot of their peers are already hanging around and fiddling with their cell phone and with me at home I do not want that to happen.
The last thing I want is to get back from work and see the kids like a zombie in front of the screen.

Truth be told from what I understand and read, education is a top value for you and of course it is ingrained in your children I would suggest trying some agreement with the adolescent children and thus creating credibility on the one hand and satisfaction on the other.

I have a 19 year old that got a phone last year and pays for it himself, a 15 year old who has a phone but no service until he wants to pay for it, and an 8 year old with nothing yet.

My rule is they can have actual service and a phone number when they pay for it.  It's a low cost entry into learning about bills and responsibility.

My 19 year old was probably the only kid in his school that didn't have service, and my 15 year old is that one now.  They can still do what they need with wifi being just about everywhere.  It almost a requirement now to have a smart phone or other similar device in order to complete a lot of school work.

• Like 1