Another early gathering.

I was searching through some old files and bookmarks trying to find a picture an internet friend wants to see, when I found a couple other things. 

A bunch of interesting cars here. Unfortunately, many details are hiding in the crowd. I don't see any one I would be certain of an identification. A possible Autocar halfway back, a possible CDO behind that. Second car next to the curb looks a lot like an early Rambler, but I don't think it is (front of body doesn't look quite right to me?). The first car, next to the curb, looks familiar, like I should know it? But it hasn't hit me yet?

earlygathering.jpg

• Like 3

As if I had the time right now, I really need to do some research. I keep looking at the lead car in this photo, and thinking Crestmobile! A good friend (about fifty years ago!) had a 1900 (I think?) Crestmobile, but it being one of the earlier models had a single cylinder engine mounted out in the open on the front of the car. As I recall, Crestmobile (who didn't continue to manufacture automobiles for very long) did build some models very similar to this around 1901 to 1903. Just my wandering wondering mind.