For sale Deck lid 37/38 plymouth SOLD

• 1 month later...

Not in Calif. If the first 250 ft of seaside would fall into the pacific, it would be a much better place. located in Warrenton VA. There is a VERY knowledgeable fellow on the P15-24 site that whips those kind of answers right out. Give me a few hours and I will look in my ALL Mopar 37 book(to include Canada) for deck lids/cross reference. Can take all the measured photos you want this weekend. Notice it does not have the crinkle/buckled ribs where the hinge is at. On the skin its one place, on the inside it needs the lower rib structure replaced all the way across.

Edited by one-shot (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Dont see why not. Do you have a POC here or a shipping outfit you trust. I shipped an early Chrysler Carb to Canada via the Post Office with terrible results. Paid tax and duties at both ends. No winners except the governments.

Money not the question or the problem as I see it. I'm in Warrenton Va. You're somewhere in Canada.

Find a shipping outfit you trust And tell me where to take it and how to present it. Boxed/unboxed. and we will settle the money as a secondary problem. I've shipped auto parts/stuff to 4 foreign countries successfully. Canada is the exception. I listened to the USA Post Office and that was my first mistake. I have purchased items from Canada and the fellow walked across the border and mailed it. Are you close enough to the border to pick it up on this side?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry for the hassle, I bought one locally from a guy that promised it would fit, but it tapered at the bottom and had slightly sharper rounded corners. Maybe a Chrysler or Desoto? I'm hoping the Plymouth would fit and save me some major metalwork on the one I've got.

Seems like some handy documentation to have on hand!! 

According to that, it should fit. Mine is a D6

Can you message me or mail bwallcraft at hotmail dot com to discuss further? Hopefully shipping costs wont be a deal breaker. Thanks 

I am guessing that your interchange parts manual suggests the coupe trunk lid from a 1937 Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth are all interchangeable? The second assumption is that ,1938 is also the same. I wonder if the 1939 Plymouth is also the same but I understand that in 1939, Chrysler, DeSoto and Dodge had a body make-over and Plymouth went another year.

Al

Not using an interchange manual, using a 1937 Parts list done by Chrysler Corp of Canada. Covers all 1937 Mopar. "Covers all US and Canadan built cars unless noted otherwise". Quote.

I have 1937 Bus CPE and they match perfectly. EXCEPT for rust. I have a late 37 CPE P4. Has Safety knobs. 39 Plymouth is a much different animal and the first column shift.

Just sold my Hanger queen.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

May be able to meet on a weekday. Just not sure as it’s one of those situations where work would have to come first. So please let me know if you have any available weekdays that you could meet?

thanks again 

I will be there tomorrow along as roads are not hosed. Any day except Monday next week

I'm in Warrenton and have to go through the 95 mess at fredericksburg. 90 miles one way.

My storage containers are halfway between West point and Gloucester Court House off 17.

Message me and I will give you my cell phone number.

Your message just came through. I had checked probably 20 times since I sent a reply last night. If you want to send me your number I’ll communicate with you using it since this site doesn’t seem to want to work quickly.

thanks Brian 

• one-shot changed the title to For sale Deck lid 37/38 plymouth SOLD